Thursday, September 21, 2006

Audrey's Here!


(Matthew and I before inducing)

Monday we went to the hospital around 5:30 a.m. to start induction. By the time we got settled into the labor and delivery room and started the Pitocin drip it was 7:30. My good friend, Jeanne, was with us all of last week to be with us when I went into labor. Sadly to say she had to go back home the same morning we were induced, so she was not with us when Audrey finally came.


(Me and Jeanne)
So from 7:30 a.m. to 6:42 p.m. (to be exact), I was in labor! Yikes! Labor was managable until I got to the harder phases. The only medication that I had was a pain medicine adminstered through I.V. but by the time Audrey came out it had been at least an hour and a half that I was without pain killers. I thought that labor would never end but I owe my successful labor to my wonderful husband, Matthew. He was there with me through it all (for the most part except when he went and ate). He would breathe with me, let me squeeze his hand as hard as I could and would quote scriptures to me.

I cannot describe the relief I felt when Audrey finally came out. We were so overwhelmed at coming through the labor and more importantly, having this new little girl that we had created.
We still cannot get over how marvelous she is and how much in love we are with her.
Now that I am home and the birthing high is over...I don't feel like my old pregnant self or my old self. But when I think about all the stuff that I went through and how don't feel up to par, I remember that little Audrey was worth it all.

(Matthew and his daughter, Audrey)

3 comments:

Carissa said...

I am so happy for the two of you. She is precious! I can't wait to take a roadtrip to meet her.

lauren said...

She is beautiful!! I'm so glad that everything went well and that she is healthy. I can't wait to see her!

Anonymous said...

You can think of it this way....consider what Audrey went through to get here!!! LOL. I'm really proud of you and Matthew. You kind of implied it, but isn't it amazing how much we as humans are capable of loving? I had no concept of true love for another until Zachary was born.