Saturday, September 09, 2006

39 Weeks...Will it Ever End!


Several of you who are regular visitors to my sight are wondering...is the baby here yet? "Surely the baby has come and I just haven't heard!" Well, I am sorry to say, for myself mostly, that Audrey is still not here yet. (You would definitely know if she was!)

The due date is set for this next Tuesday, the 12th of September. A day that will live in...
my memory until a new day replaces it, the day that Audrey comes of course. All I want is for her to come when she is good and ready to come. However I might mention some fine print: when I go 2 weeks past the due date, then I will look into induction.

It is not so much that I am getting uncomfortable with my pregnant body, I have learned to live with it and even accept it. No, I am just ready to have this baby that we have been planning for, praying for and anxiously expecting. About 3 weeks ago I was pretty nervous about Audrey coming because I felt so unready. But now we have the nursery finished (check), all of her clothes washed (check) the various baby items assembled (check), her baby bag packed (check), the car seat assembled in the car (check), and my bags packed (double check).

The only real major dilemna is that I am going out of my mind waiting!

However, on a slightly different avenue, Audrey's delayed arrival has given us some much needed time to sort out our new insurance. As of the first of September we were officially covered by Matthew's insurance (even though we had not heard from the insurance company). We thought we'd give them a call and make sure that we were all ready for the hospital visit. Come to find out they had no record of us : { . So very quickly we jumped on the ball to get our insurance information and find out exactly what our new insurance covered. The hospital we had done all our childbirthing preparation with and the one we were planning on delivering at, was NOT covered by our new insurance. SHOCK, SHOCK! So hopefully we will get everything cleared and ironed out for our little Audrey's arrival. (Doesn't God work in mysterious ways!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of your regulars here checking to see if baby has come yet! I know this waiting game all too well! :) Glad to see that you are doing good though and as ready as you will ever be! Good Luck! I will be keeping you in my prayers!

Kim

Anonymous said...

I hate to burst your bubble but.....as parents, we are NEVER READY!!!! So don't fool yourself. God's taking care of you, so relax. Like you don't already know that.

Anonymous said...

we're just waiting for our call so we can say for sure we're coming to see the new baby next weekend.