Sunday, June 22, 2008

Mazal tov!

Audrey and her PaPa

Okay...so this weekend we went to a Messianic Jewish wedding. My brother-n-law got married this weekend and our whole family was asked to be in the wedding...how fun!

One of the bridesmaids and 2 of the groomsmen

Now the only wedding I have been in was my own and I am very particular about having a plan and knowing where everything/everyone should go...not my sis-n-law. She is a fly by the seat of her skirt kind of gal, which can be fun if it doesn't matter what you think...and it didn't.
It was supposed to be an outdoor wedding but it rained : ( so we were forced indoors.

Bridesmaid, My Mother-n-Law and my parents
In the brideroom we pushed, prodded and poked ourselves into our respective getups. We used tape, safety pins and everything we could get our hands on (*smile and wink*)

Audrey got to be led out to the front by a sweet pre-teen (that was her part in the wedding? I am not sure why). Then the bridesmaids, myself included, swayed down the aisle along with the jewish music and clapped occasionally when the beat was right. I am not versed in Jewish weddings or Messianic Jewish weddings but I think Mazal tov is something to be said loudly and often.

Matthew and a childhood friend enjoy singing together.

Overall we all had a great time seeing family, eating and dancing. Audrey's favorite part of the night was the "Chicken Song, Dance" as she likes to say.

4 comments:

Mommy Lion said...

OH MY! 3 posts in one day!!! Are you feeling okay? Do I need to watch Audrey?? *wink*
Thanks for the pics and updates on all your traveling recently. Glad things went well . . .

Heather said...

The wedding sounds so FUN!!! Hope to see you girls again soon!

Jaime said...

That does sound like a fun wedding! As long as it's someone else's, right? :-) Glad y'all had fun!

richlibrarian said...

fun! i like the first pic. it should be framed for papa, i think.