Sunday, August 16, 2009

Myles is Here!



Okay, okay so I know it has been over a week since Myles has come but I have many excuses for not posting pictures sooner. We have really been enjoying our little guy and spoiling him a lot. Myles came on Thursday, August 6th at 6:04 p.m. He weighed 7 lbs. 9 oz. and was 19" long. My prayer before he came was that I would know for sure when I was having true labor and that he would come naturally. Well God answered most of my prayer. Wednesday evening I started having regular contractions close together but they were managable. I kept waiting for something more intense but nothing ever came. Thursday morning I decided that I was most likely going to be in the hospital that day. However I was unsure if I was in true labor. By the time we went to the doctor's office for my appointment I was dilated to a 5/6 and the doctor told me to get over to the hospital to have that baby! Four hours after we got to the hospital, Myles was born.
Don't get me wrong, I had plenty of pain towards the end of my laboring but the nurse helping us out was pretty amazed at how far along I was without having much pain (I was amazed too).

We stayed 2 nights in the hospital, just to make sure and get fully functioning before going home. I enjoyed my stay at the hospital and compare it to a 5 star hotel. Since being home we have had my paretns here and my in-laws as well. We have enjoyed all the help that our families and friends have given us.
Please visit my friends blog: http://www.allforfunphotography.blogspot.com/ to see more pictures of Myles (look under baby section).

1 comment:

richlibrarian said...

oh, i just want to reach through the screen and touch him.