Saturday, September 26, 2009

September is MY Favorite!

It seems like the best things happen in September. Fall is in the air, school starts back, county fairs, birthday celebrations and relationship milestones.
10 years ago on September 7th, Matthew and I had our first date. We were suppose to meet at our college's cafeteria for a non-comittal dinner. When we met, Matthew said that he had come in to some money (meaning his mom put some money in his account) so we went to China King in Abliene. We still like Chinese food and each other.




(About to go on a much needed date!)


3 years ago on September 18th my sweet daughter, Audrey, was born. Everyone says that they grow up so fast but when it is your own child it seems even faster. She has been such a blessing to us and I can't imagine life without her. What did we talk about before kids came? Audrey had a great Lantern Party, Ni Hao, Kai Lan style.







(This was my first semi-professional birthday cake! What do ya think?)

A couple of years ago was the last time I went to a County Fair unitl now. I love going to fairs and the great food they have! I was a little disappointed in the Gregg County which does not hold a candle to the Lubbock County Fair. We had a great time anyway with some good friends.
A lot of great songs come into my head as I think back...to some great times.

1 comment:

richlibrarian said...

great job! the cake looks great! i'm impressed.