Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Ladybug Shower

Me and my hostesses (Dene, Amanda, Brooke, Janet, Cheri, Lauren not in picture)

A couple of weekends ago I had the last baby shower before the baby comes. It was the blowout baby shower of the summer! My Mom and a close friend Amanda, headed up the shower with the help of four other ladies. Since the shower was at my Mom's house and I was staying with her that weekend, I got to see the behind the scenes work that went into this awesome baby shower.
The first two baby showers I had were kind of early in the pregnancy and we did not know exactly how we wanted to decorate the baby's room . For this last shower we had already picked a theme and were running with full force in the the direction of "Ladybugs". So it was neat to have a baby shower that was centered around ladybugs and to see what kind of odds and ends others had picked out to decorate with.
At the shower we had games, food, and lots of friends. I just want to take a quick moment to thank all of you who helped with the baby shower and all the effort and love that went into such a great party. I also want to thank all of you for the sweet baby gifts.


(My Mother-n-Law, Me and my Mom)

There are rare occasions where you will be in the middle of an event and realize that "this is a special moment I will remember for the rest of my life", well this baby shower was one of those moments for me.

Baby report: We are at 36 weeks and counting! Audrey will be here in about 4 weeks give or take. We are taking birthing classes, getting a pediatrician squared away, assembling all the necessary baby items, and getting very excited/nervous about meeting and seeing our little girl.

2 comments:

ClayMan said...

Thanks for the updates! We're praying everything goes well. Nice pics of the baby and Momma!

Anonymous said...

iThis blogging is just super to keep up with the progress of my first great grand girl. I love you
Chick