Wednesday, August 23, 2006

37 Weeks and Holding...

Audrey's Nursery (my mom made the curtain and dust ruffle; Amanda made the "Audrey's Room" sign).



Yesterday was my first "Once-a-week" visit to the doctor. This was the first appointment where the doctor checked to see if I had dilated yet. At week 37 the baby is considered full term, so Audrey could come anytime now. Although she is ready to come out of the oven, I have still not dilated yet and I am not in any hurry.

Saturday my mom came up to Tyler to help me finish the baby room and get last minute items. My mom is probably more excited about Audrey's arrival than I am (She has nothing to worry about: she does not have to go through pain and she knows what it is like having a kids). Since we have finished the baby room, I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders and I am not as scared about Audrey coming as I had felt. I still feel like there is so much I still need to do but I know that I will never be completely ready for a new baby.


Audrey's Crib (I painted her name)



The doctor said that I was measuring about 38 centimeters at week 37. I had gained two pounds in the past week and Audrey is in position for coming out. A little over a week ago I started experiencing menstrual type cramping and the doctor said that these cramps can be considered false contractions. He keeps reminding me that if the cramping is intense and does not go away with change in position or by eating something, then I should go to the hospital. It is really neat to think that we could have a little baby here at anytime. Please continue to keep us in your prayers!

5 comments:

Carissa said...

The nursery looks great!! I can't wait until I'm at that point in my own life. Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Hello, Rebecca! How exciting to read all the updates and see your beautiful nursery! Now, before you think I'm stalking you guys - allow me to explain that I was in charge of calling you about the four of us getting together next week - and I can't find your number! Oops! So I was trying to find an email address from your blogs (Matthew had mentioned them at some point), but I'm not techie enough for that - so here's a really long post to say - Let's all go have lunch or dinner next week! Maybe even a movie - depending, of course, on how you are doing and whether or not you have an early arrival...

We're out of town both this weekend and the next (craziness), but we'll be around during the week - so email or give us a call (unless, of course, I figure out where your number is and can call you first...) - and I'll try harder to get in touch in a normal way in the future...

Bekah (and Philip) Vickers - bekahvickers@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

WOW, the time is really "drawing nigh". The room is adorable. I can almost picture you in the rocking chair with littl Audrey. The name is such a cute wall decoration. AND it can be used all her life!!
I am feeling stronger all the time. Hopefully I can travel before long and come to see Audrey the GG.

You will instictively know how to Mother as you are such a thoughtful caring person. I love you.
Chick

Anonymous said...

No.....no.....I'm not ready. I'm too young to be a Grand Uncle.

Anonymous said...

so, i've already found her christmas present! ha.