Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Our Little Cutie!

Audrey's face: lips are open with nose above, hand is kind of hidding chin.

We have found a doctor in Tyler and have started child-birthing classes. We are really pleased with our new doctor and the technology and efficiency of the office staff.
On Monday we had our first appointment with our new doctor. We got to listen to the baby's heartbeat. We voiced our concern of a low lying placenta that was seen at our last sonogram, so our doctor scheduled for us to come in for another sonogram today to get information on the status of our baby.
Audrey's face: you can see chubby cheeks, hand / foot still blocking chin area!

Every time I see a sonogram of our baby I am amazed at the technology of our times and of the miracle of the baby inside me. It was re-confirmed that our baby is 100% girl and that she is healthy. The person performing the sonogram checked out baby Audrey's organs and vital signs. It was awesome to see how her body had progressed since our last sonogram. Her bones looked stronger and she looked like she was really filling out to be a plump baby.
Matthew said she had chubby cheeks like me and that it would be hard for those cheeks to fit through the birth canal. I think she has Matthew's forehead...Big! We are both ecstatic and proud of our little girl.
Audrey's face: She's kind of all squished up (placenta is half circle to left of face).

I never imagined myself going to a birthing class but here we are doing the new parent thing. The class was just like they portray them on TV. We practiced breathing through fake labor pains. We learned how to He...He...He...Hoo (Who)! Matthew and I keep talking about how he needs to talk to me as if he were hypnotizing me or leading me through a deep relaxation session. We keep picturing the scene from Office Space where the main guy gets hypnotized by a big guy who has a heartattack in the middle of the session. "Relax....Deeper and Deeper.....Deeper and Deeper..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i can only make out the face in the last pic. and i'm all about the relaxation/hypnosis thing for birthing.